Viljayfirlýsing milli Íslands og Kanada á sviði viðskipta og atvinnuþróunar.
Viljayfirlýsingin er á ensku.
Viljayfirlýsing milli Íslands og Kanada á sviði
viðskipta og atvinnuþróunar
Á ferð iðnaðar- og viðskiptaráðherra til Kanada í byrjun febrúar var m.a. rætt um samstarf Íslands og Nova Scotia á sviði viðskipta- og atvinnuþróunar. Samstarf þetta byggir á viljayfirlýsinginu sem undirrituð var af iðnaðar- og viðskiptaráðherra, Valgerði Sverrisdóttur og ráðherra efnahagsþróunarmála í fylkisstjórn Nova Scotia þann 2. desember 2002 og var framhald fyrri samstarfsyfirlýsingar frá árinu 1998.
The Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Iceland
The Office of Economic Development
Nova Scotia, Canada
RECOGNIZING that the common desire of both Ministries to promote the economic growth and encourage business development and investment; and notwithstanding the business representation, business links and civic authorities, administrative procedures in both public and private sectors may differ, THE MINISTRIES AGREE to enter into an Understanding to confirm the existing established formal relationship between our two Ministries in order to foster business development and trade opportunities, at both home and jointly as appropriate in third markets, through business interaction in both public and private sectors where we have identified common grounds and aspirations.
To that end both parties hereby continue to agree:
· To keep each other informed of important economic and civic issues.
· To provide information, liaison and support to prospective businesses interested in investment and business opportunities, so as to facilitate access to each other's markets.
· To encourage through the working agencies coordination of economic missions.
· To provide for and publicise business link/entry points connected to each Ministry. These links or contact points may be provided by public/and or private sector bodies, reflecting the respective systems and cultures.
· To give initial focus to business growth, cooperation and investment in the following sectors:
o Energy related technology
o Advanced Manufacturing
o Environmental technology
o Life Sciences
o Information Technology
o Management, training and education in public and private sectors
· To establish a Joint Committee to oversee and review the implementation of this Understanding, with one representative from each of the Ministries meeting annually and alternately in Iceland and Nova Scotia.
· That cost arising from the administration of the Joint Committee meeting be met by respective signatories to this agreement in terms of travel and accommodation, but that meeting facilities be provided by the hosting partner.
In witness whereof the parties hereto have executed this Memorandum of Understanding on this 2nd day of December, 2002.
For the Ministry of Industry
and Commerce, Iceland
Minister of Industry and
For the Office of Economic
Development, The Government
of the Province of NOVA SCOTIA
Cecil P. Clarke
Minister, The Office of Economic
Development, The Government of the
Province of NOVA SCOTIA